Urology is that division of medicine and surgery which particularly deals with diseases affecting the male and female urinary system as well as the male reproductive system. Dr. Rob Golden and his team specializes in providing urology services such as promoting prostate health in Spokane Valley, ranging from patient education to surgical interventions in treating various urological conditions.
Prevention, they say, is the best form of cure. For optimum urology health, the following preventive tips will certainly come in handy.
1. Drink water and stay hydrated all the time. This will help flush the toxins out of your urinary system.
2. Choose cranberry and pomegranate when thinking about drinking some juice. Both have been shown to significantly reduce the occurrence of bladder infection and prostate cancer.
3. Cut back on your salt. Too much salt will only promote water retention and disrupt your body’s electrolyte balance. Kidney stones are most likely to develop from an electrolyte imbalance.
4. For women, always make it point to wipe from front to back after urinating. This will help inhibit the entry of bacteria from the rectum to the vagina, thus reducing the occurrence of urinary tract infection.
5. For men, start wearing athletic supporters by the time you begin engaging in athletic activities.
6. Do Kegel exercises regularly. This exercise strengthens the pelvic floor muscles and helps you avoid bladder conditions.
7. Maintain a healthy weight.
8. Visit your urologist for regular check-ups. This is particularly useful by the time you’re in your 40s and above.
Contact us now for a personal consultation with Dr. Golden. We will help you achieve optimum urologic health through our individualized programs. The intention of the practice is to treat all patients with respect, honor and compassion. Our “job” is to diagnose and offer treatment for all acute and chronic urologic problems in an environment of healing, serving, transforming and compassion.
Call us at (509).921.0099 of fill out this online contact form. We look forward to your visit!